Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Amsterdam Design


Traveling is such a gift.
Allowing me to come face to face with all my foibles,
likes, dislikes and comfort levels.
Being lost.
Not knowing where to go.
Wandering and then
discovery.

Meeting lovely people,
cranky people,
different people.

Noticing when I'm the cranky people.


My first visit to Amsterdam,
(the Venice of the North it is,
though I've not been to Venice),
where the canals dazzle and calm,
and heaps of bicycles create static pattern
or energetic flow.
One really does have to watch out for those cyclists
and finding a break to move through them
isn't always easy.

Exploring with long time friends,
celebrating (tardily) the 19th anniversary 
of a milestone birthday.
No idea how to top this next year!


Extremely hip concept store Sukha
was filled with so many immense
cozy knitted, crocheted and padded nests 
I wanted to snuggle in and stay all day.



Rowers on the canal reminded me of
my dear granddaughter Bridget
who rows on the Mississippi.


Beautiful artist's paintbox in the Rijksmuseum.
Wouldn't be complete without the pipe. 


Ancient mariner's hat is still stylin'.


So many beautiful and not before seen works
by Van Gogh in his museum.
 
 
His words touched my heart.


I want this chair!
Bundled clothing, yours or theirs,
creates this marvelous piece at Hotel Droog.


Beautifully delicious amuse bouche
at Spelt.


Nothing speaks like Amsterdam design!

No comments:

Post a Comment