Friday, May 3, 2013

Walk Paris


Wish I'd had wings on my feet
sometimes these past few days.


Paris is such a wonderful walking city
with new beauty 
constantly gifting the eye with delight.

Lilies of the Valley have been my favorite spring flower
since I was a little girl and found a small patch
in a hidden corner of the yard.
In Paris it's tradition to give them as gifts on May 1
so they were everywhere.


The Avenue de l'Opera was nearly empty
on this Holiday
and Paris pleasantly quiet 
for a moment.
Tourists filled the parks, sidewalks 
and restaurants later
with families, lots of strollers
and much photo taking.
Just like me
(except the stroller part).


The sun finally peeked out yesterday afternoon
and everyone seemed to be happier.


Love the splashes of color on this summer shift
by an Italian designer. 


This photo is for my friend Jude.
What to do with that extra hay.

Quite cool actually...

soeur = sister

Such fun to be here with mine!

2 comments:

  1. That was a lovely walk Katherine! I'm so happy I could join you!

    xoT

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Lilies of the Valley are in full bloom here too! Such a delightful scent. That color splotch shift is quite fun! Imagine wearing it on a warm summer day, breeze blowing on your knees... such fun!

    ReplyDelete