Saturday, August 24, 2013

Go-to Top and Pant - Butterick 5961

Feeling French, Butterick 5961 in stripes with crop pants .
The square armhole
is what pops this top
into the chic category for me.
Add that to the comfort factor
and you can understand why
I just keep adding more of these shapes
to my wardrobe.

Color blocked Ponte.
Textures and length for Fall with stretch woven pants.
The versions I've made of this top
have been worn so much 
they are nearly worn out...
A fleece interpretation with raw edges
on the sleeves and hem
(which provide a cool 'roll' trim)
has been keeping me warm
these cool evenings
as it layers perfectly over a little T.
Time to make some more!

I'll be snooping around the ArtBarn 
to see what great new fabrics
Marcy has posted 
that get my creative juices moving.
Nothing like a little kick-up
to the wardrobe as Fall starts sneaking in.


You can really see the simplicity of the designs 
in the line drawings,
offering many opportunities
for pattern and/or stripe fabric combos.




Slim pant has seams down the center front and back
which can simplify fitting
and a flattering stitching detail on the front.
are an obvious choice
but stretch wovens will work too.
A tony update to my 'jeans' collection. 


3 comments:

  1. Is this the correct number? I get vintage kids clothes? Hmmm....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is the correct number and I'm thinking it was used before which is why you are getting the vintage kids clothes. Try pasting in this link: http://butterick.mccall.com/b5961-products-47654.php?page_id=147

      Katherine

      Delete
  2. Katherine - I simply love your and Marcy's designs. Your last pant pattern is one of my all-time favorites, and I have made 3 pairs so far. Each time I wear a pair I marvel at how comfortable they are. I can't wait to try your newest designs! But, first: a Marcy raincoat!

    ReplyDelete